Monday, November 16, 2009

Supercomputing 09 Update

I am in Portland for Supercomputing 09. I am here as a student volunteer and meeting folks from all over the US and the world. Just to give you a taste of what I am experiencing here, on Saturday I helped build SCinet, the fastest network in the world. On Sunday I attended several workshops including Principles and Practice of Application Performance Measurement and Analysis on Parallel Systems, and the Third International Workshop on High-Performance Reconfigurable Computing Technology and Applications. This morning I am attending the Ultrascale Visualization Workshop, and Sungwon Nam from the Electronic Visualization Laboratory at UIC is the first speaker. I have met already met up with several other UIC people from EVL. Although I can't stay for the bulk of the Keynote presentations (inlcuding former Vice President Al Gore) that continue through the week, the experience has been very rewarding. I will be back in action on campus Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment